41. When the little boy came to, he found himself tie to a big bed in a strange room.
a b c d
解析： 改为：tied to，过去分词表被动.
42. So excited was the bride when she could not go to sleep the night before her a b c d
解析： when改为：that, so…that… 如此…以至于….
43. The defendant was found guilty for the reason why he had been out of employment
a b c
when he was arrested by the police.
解析：Ｂ项应该改为the reason that；这里是先行词为the reason,由that引导的同位语从句（说出了原因）。
44. Scanning, as a matter of fact, is not a completely new thing to you because it
is perhaps the first time that you have heard of the term.
45. I admire those who do what they want to do even though they sometimes make fools
a b c d
解析： make fools of oneself 出洋相， 这里D项改为： make fools of themselves。