首页 >> BEC剑桥商务英语 >> BEC中级 >> 模拟试题
. Read these sentences and the three company plans below.
. Which company does each sentence describe?
. For each sentence mark one letter(A ,B or C)on your Answer Sheet.
To combine its operations in different parts of the world will save a lot of money for the company.
1. The company has businesses in four continents of the world.
2. The company has appointed a new manager in charge of medicines.
3. New automobiles will be developed in its program centers.
4. A reform is being carried out in its organizations.
5. Goods for hair protection makes a lot of money for the company.
6. It tries to be more ready to meet the needs of the customers.
7. The company is made up of fourteen subcompanies all over the world.
A . FORD
To save up to $ 3 billion a year, Ford is merging its manufacturing, sales, and product development operations in North America and Europe-and eventually in Latin America and Asia. And in a move toward a more horizontal organization the company is setting up five program centers with worldwide responsibility in develop new cars and trucks.
Big Blue is reorganizing its marketing and sales operations into 14 worldwide industry groups ,such as banking ,retail ,and insurance. In moving away from an organization based on geography, IBM hopes to eliminate turf wars and make itself more responsive to customers.
Bristol-Meyers Squibb is revamping its consumer business by appointing a new chief responsible for its worldwide consumer medicines business such as Bufferin and Excedrin. The 11, 400 million U. S. dollars drug company also has formed a new unit with worldwide responsibility for its Clairol and other hair-care products.