1. Without proper lessons， you could ________ a lot of bad habits when playing the piano.
A) keep up B) pick up C) draw up D) catch up
2. Everything we eat and drink contains some salt; we can meet the body‘s need for it from natural sources without turning ________ the salt bottle.
A) up B) to C) on D) over
3. He always did well at school ________ having to do part-time jobs every now and then.
A) in spite of B) regardless of C) on account of D) to case of
4. ________ receiving financial support from family， community or the government is allowed， it is never admired.
A) As B) Once C) Although D) Lest
5. All the key words in the article are printed in _______ type so as to attract readers‘ attention.
A) dark B) dense C) black D) bold
6. I didn‘t ________ to take a taxi but I had to as I was late.
A) assume B) suppose C) mean D) hope
7. The hours ________ the children spend in their one-way relationship with television people undoubtedly affect their relationships with real-life people.
A) in which B) on which C) when D) that
8. In Disneyland every year， some 800，000 plants are replaced because Disney refused to ________ signs asking his “guests” not to step on them.
A) put down B) put out C) put up D) put off
9. ________ difficulties we may come across， we‘ll help one another to overcome them.
A) Wherever B) Whatever C) However D) Whenever
10. On New Year‘s Eve， New York City holds an outdoor ________ which attracts a crowd of a million or more people.
A) incident B) event C) case D) affair
答案：1-5 BBACD 6-10 CDCBB