1. His wife is constantly funding ________ with him， which makes him very angry.
A) errors B) shortcomings C) fault D) flaw
2. Vitamins are complex ________ that the body requires in very small mounts.
A) matters B) materials C) particles D) substances
3. The police are trying to find out the ________ of the woman killed in the traffic accident.
A) evidence B) recognition C) status D) identity
4. All human beings have a comfortable zone regulating the ________ they keep from someone they talk with.
A) distance B) scope C) range D) boundary
5. We have planned an exciting publicity ________ with our advertisers.
A) struggle B) campaign C) battle D) conflict
6. ________ the help of their group， we would not have succeeded in the investigation.
A) Besides B) Regardless of C) But for D) Despite
7. ________ much is known about what occurs during sleep， the precise function of sleep and its different stages remains largely in the realm of assumption.
A) Because B) For C) Since D) While
8. John doesn‘t believe in ________ medicine; he has some remedies of his own.
A) standard B) regular C) routine D) conventional
9. Owing to __ competition among the airlines， travel expenses have been reduced considerably.
A) fierce B) strained C) eager D) critical
10. In Africa， educational costs are very low for those who are __ enough to get into universities.
A) ambitious B) fortunate C) aggressive D) substantial
答案：1-5 CDDAB 6-10 CDDAB