1. American football and baseball are becoming known to the British public through televised ________ from the United States.
A) transfer B) deliveries C) transportation D) transmissions
2. He will surely finished the job on time ________ he‘s left to do it in his own way.
A) in that B) so long as C) in case D) as far as
3. If this kind of fish becomes ________， future generations may never taste it at all.
A) minimum B) short C) seldom D) scarce
4. Agriculture was a step in human progress ________ which subsequently there was not anything comparable until our own machine age.
A) in B) for C) to D) from
5. The same factors push wages and prices up together， the one ________ the other.
A) emphasizing B) reinforcing C) multiplying D) increasing
6. Operations which left patients ________ and in need of long periods of recovery time now leave them feeling relaxed and comfortable.
A) exhausted B) abandoned C) injured D) deserted
7. ________ the temperature falling so rapidly， we couldn‘t go on with the experiment.
A) Since B) For C) As D) With
8. The bed has been ________ in the family. It was my great-grandmother‘s originally.
A) handed out B) handed over C) handed down D) handed round
9. According to the American federal government， residents of Hawaii have the longest life ________： 77.2 years.
A) scope B) rank C) span D) scale
10. Our hopes ________ and fell in the same instant.
A) aroused B) arose C) raised D) rose
答案：1-5 DBDCB 6-10 ADCCD