1. We take our skin for granted until it is burned ________ repair.
A) beyond B) for C) without D) under
2. The computer revolution may well change society as ______ as did the Industrial Revolution.
A) certainly B) insignificantly C) fundamentally D) comparatively
3. A lot of ants are always invading my kitchen. They are a thorough ________.
A) nuisance B) trouble C) worry D) anxiety
4. As we can no longer wait for the delivery of our order， we have to ________ it.
A) postpone B) refuse C) delay D) cancel
5. Young people are not ________ to stand and look at works of art; they want art they can participate in.
A) conservative B) content C) confident D) generous
6. Most broadcasters maintain that TV has been unfairly criticized and argue that the power of the medium is ________.
A) granted B) implied C) exaggerated D) remedied
7. The clothes a person wears may express his ________ or social position.
A) curiosity B) status C) determination D) significance
8. By law， when one makes a large purchase， he should have ________ opportunity to change his mind.
A) accurate B) urgent C) excessive D) adequate
9. The early pioneers had to ________ many hardships to settle on the new land.
A) go along with B) go back on C) go through D) go into
10. I didn‘t know the word. I had to ________ a dictionary.
A) look out B) make out C) refer to D) go over
答案：1-5 ACADB 6-10 CBDCC