1. There are signs ________ restaurants are becoming more popular with families.
A) that B) which C) in which D) whose
2. I think I was at school， ________ I was staying with a friends during the vacation when I heard the news.
A) or else B) and then C) or so D) even so
3. It is said that the math teacher seems ________ towards bright students.
A) partial B) beneficial C) preferable D) liable
4. In order to show his boss what a careful worker he was， he took ___ trouble over the figures.
A) extensive B) spare C) extra D) supreme
5. Everybody ________ in the hall where they were welcomed by the secretary.
A) assembled B) accumulated C) piled D) joined
6. Putting in a new window will ________ cutting away part of the roof.
A) include B) involve C) contain D) comprise
7. In the _____ of the project not being a success， the investors stand to lose up to $30 million.
A) face B) time C) event D) course
8. The British constitution is ________ a large extent a product of the historical events described above.
A) within B) to C) by D) at
9. I suggested he should ________ himself to his new conditions.
A) adapt B) adopt C) regulate D) suit
20. Cancellation of the flight ________ many passengers to spend the night at the airport.
A) resulted B) obliged C) demanded D) recommended
答案： 1-5 AAACA